Supply Chain & Logistics Professionals
Logistics Leaders Program in China
10-15 October 2016, in Shenzhen and Hong Kong
We are delighted and honoured to host the international delegation of IFWLA executives visiting China for the IFWLA Board Meeting on Tuesday 11 October 2016 in Shenzhen. The International Federation of Warehousing & Logistics Associations (IFWLA) is a global organisation that brings together national warehousing and logistics associations from every continent to develop and share industry best practice.
Mark Millar will host a comprehensive Logistics Leaders Program in Shenzhen and Hong Kong, involving VIP participation in the China International Logistics Fair and the China Internet & E-Commerce Expo, supplemented with site-visits to four world-class logistics facilities, industry networking reception at a spectacular rooftop venue and culminating in the Logistics Leadership Luncheon at the iconic Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club.
Confirmed international participants thus far include:
- President, International Federation of Warehousing & Logistics Associations (IFWLA, Global)
- President & CEO, International Warehouse Logistics Association (IWLA, USA)
- President, China Association of Warehouses and Distribution (CAWD, China)
- Chief Executive, United Kingdom Warehousing Association (UKWA, UK)
- Honorary Vice President, United Kingdom Warehousing Association (UKWA, UK)
- Secretary General, India’s National Association of Warehousing Corporations (NAWC, India)
- Chairman, Madhya Pradesh Warehousing & Logistics Corporation (India)
- Engineer in Chief, Madhya Pradesh Warehousing & Logistics Corporation (India)
- Business Manager, The Warehouse Company (Goa, India)
Program at a glance latest updates as at 3rd October
Monday 10 October - arrive Hong Kong, transfer to Shenzhen
Cross-border transfer from Hong Kong Airport to Shenzhen Ritz Carlton
Tuesday 11 October - Shenzhen
- IFWLA Board Meeting at Ritz Carlton Hotel, Shenzhen
- Gala Dinner – hosted by Global Logistics Alliance (GLA) at Marco Polo Hotel
Wednesday 12 October - Shenzhen
- China International Logistics Fair (CILF) at Shenzhen Exhibition Centre
- IFWLA and SCLP Booths, One-2-One Meetings, Conference Program
- China Internet & E-Commerce Expo (CIE) at Shenzhen Exhibition Centre
- VIP Dinner - hosted by CILF Organising Committee
Thursday 13 October – Shenzhen and Hong Kong
- CILF and CIE Trade Shows and One-2-One Meetings at Shenzhen Exhibition Centre
- Chinese Dim Sum: lunch with Secretary General of Shenzhen Logistics and Supply Chain Management Association (LSCMA)
- Cross-Border Coach Transfer - to Hong Kong, Excelsior Hotel
- Site Visit 1: ATL Logistics Centre - the world's first and largest (9.3m sq ft) intelligent multi-storey drive-in cargo logistics centre
- Site Visit 2: Interlink - drive-up ramp tour of landmark 24-storey warehouse development of 2.4 million sq ft
- Cocktail BBQ Reception: industry networking mixer at spectacular rooftop venue with local supply chain and logistics professionals (SCLP), generously sponsored by Goodman
Friday 14 October - Hong Kong - bring photo ID
- Site Visit 3: Tradeport – tour of 30,000 sq m Warehouse Operation that serves as both local distribution centre and regional logistics hub serving Asia Pacific region
- Site Visit 4: HACTL - behind the scenes at the highly automated cargo handling terminal at the world’s largest air freight hub, Hong Kong International Airport which handles 4.3 million tons of air freight cargo per annum
- Industry Leadership Luncheon: convivial gathering of industry association leaders at the iconic Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club, kindly sponsored by Logistics Executive, Tradeport and Hactl
- Cocktail Reception: at the Hong Kong Maritime Museum, hosted by Port of Hamburg and Logistics Alliance Germany (LAG)
Saturday 15 October - Hong Kong - optional social outing
- Boat Tour and Lunch: relaxing social day (10.15-17.00) involving boat trip on a traditional junk boat around Hong Kong harbour, up-close around the world’s fifth largest container port (20 million containers pa), followed by a leisurely lunch on picturesque Lamma Island.
Gold Sponsor: Souvenir Sponsor:
Exclusive Reception Sponsor:
Wednesday 12 October - China International Logistics Fair (CILF)
Exhibiton Floor Plan with IFWLA and SCLP Booths (B1262-B1263)
Thursday 13 October - Site Visit 1 - ATL Logistics Centre
ATL Logistics Centre - the world's first and largest intelligent multi-storey drive-in cargo logistics centre. Located in the heart of Kwai Chung Container Terminals, the 9.3 million sq ft, multi-storey ATL Logistics Centre houses 1,730 loading bays over 13 floors, all accessible by direct drive-in vehicular access – including 45-foot container trucks - via 27 kilometres of internal, three lane roadway, with average traffic throughput of 8,000 vehicles per day.
Thursday 13 October - Site Visit 2 - Goodman Interlink
Goodman Interlink - landmark 2.4 million sq ft, drive-up, 24-storey warehouse development. Goodman Interlink is a landmark warehouse and distribution development in Hong Kong. Located at Tsing Yi in the heart of the port district and adjacent to the Stonecutters Bridge, Goodman Interlink is the fourth largest warehouse in Hong Kong with 224,000 sq m (2.4 million sq ft) of space over 24 floors.
Thursday 13 October - Cocktail BBQ Reception at Rooftop
Spectacular rooftop venue for the fourth anniversary SCLP Networking Mixer for Supply Chain & Logistics Professionals in Hong Kong, generously sponsored by Goodman
Friday 14 October - Site Visit 3 - Tradeport Logistics Centre
Tradeport – tour of 30,000 sq m Warehouse Operation that serves as both local distribution centre and regional logistics hub. Actively contributing to Hong Kong’s leadership position as the logistics hub of Asia and the world, Tradeport is uniquely located adjacent to the world’s busiest cargo airport. Its state-of-the-art facilities, top-tier services and well-trained workforce differentiate them as a preferred logistics partner for many blue chip clients.
Friday 14 October - Site Visit 4 - Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminal (Hactl)
Hactl - behind the scenes at the highly automated Cargo Handling Terminal at the world’s largest air freight hub, Hong Kong international Airport (HKIA). Hactl’s SuperTerminal 1 is the single largest multi-level air cargo terminal in the world, with 3,500 Container Storage System positions, 10,000 Box Storage System positions, and a comprehensive range of specialised cargo handling facilities to cater for all cargo types, from temperature-controlled products to valuable goods to livestock.
Friday 14 October - Logistics Leadership Luncheon, Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club
This unique event is an invitation-only industry fellowship gathering, convening executive leaders from multiple local and international industry associations - with the focus on nurturing global connections across the warehousing and logistics sectors.
Friday 14 October - Cocktail Reception at the Hong Kong Maritime Museum
- hosted by Port of Hamburg and Logistics Alliance Germany
Interested to participate?
Limited places available for CILF Trade Show, Hong Kong site visits and networking functions - contact Mark@MarkMIllar.com